School transformation doesn’t happen overnight. NASSP and The Center for Secondary School Redesign (CSSR) are proud to team together again at Ignite '15 to present the Breaking Ranks School Showcase on Thursday, February 19. Learn first-hand how teams of teachers, administrators, and students from 20 high-performing middle level and high schools planned, implemented, and are sustaining student-centered school improvement.
Teams from each of the showcase schools will share how they increased student achievement, built leadership capacity, involved parents and community members, developed high performing teacher-led teams that sustain improvement, and created a learning environment that prepares all students for the challenges of the 21st century.
By kicking off your conference with this informative, interactive conversation, you will walk away with learning and teaching tools and techniques that can be adapted to meet the unique needs of any middle level or high school.
|Session 1||Session 2||Lunch||Session 3||Session 4||Culminating Conversations|
|8:00 - 9:30 am||9:45 - 11:15 am||11:15 am - 12:00 pm||12:15 - 1:45 pm||2:00 - 3:30 pm||3:45 - 4:45 pm|
Add a School Showcase to your Itinerary:
ML Middle Level
HS High School
- Creating a Culture of Deeper Learning Through Project Based Instruction Add
- Embracing Change to Make a Difference for All Students Add
- One World, One Verrado: Promoting Rigor With Relevance and Relationships Add
- The Freshman Transition: Creating a Framework of Personalization and Collaboration Add
- Empowering Students Through Leadership & Mentoring Add
- Life After Transformation Add
- Shifting to a Student Centered Curriculum Through Inquiry and Performance Based Assessment Add
- Creating Synergy and Student Leadership around STEM through our Engineering Academy Add
- Demography Is Not Destiny! Adjusting Mindsets and Adult Practices to Change a Culture Add
- Keeping It Real…Keeps Students and Teachers Engaged Add
- Two Staffs are Better Than One Add